Black Mamba wins in every category of what operators need in order to properly address and mitigate tubing wear, previously address with legacy, traditional sucker rod guides. Our mechanically and thermally stable materials will perform as intended, every time. Quality Assurance and Quality Control are unmatched in industry, with laser etching of each individual part which can be traced back to our cloud-based data-logging system in minutes.
EWV, Bearing Surface Area, Flexibility, Material Wear Rates – unmatched.
See the difference.
Computational Fluid Dynamics
CFD analysis allows us to understand fluid flow behaviors around sucker rod guides and molded sucker rod stabilizers during the down-stroke of the rod lift pumping cycle. As fluid rushes past sucker rod guides, chaotic flow patterns occur which can induce erosion, corrosion, and lack of protection beyond the sucker rod guide regarding chemical corrosion inhibitors.
Often rod parts and sucker rod failure occurs at the edge of sucker rod guides. Sucker rod guides are large, foreign objects inhibiting ideal fluid flow patterns and can create areas of concern due to a variety of reasons: Fluid Turbulence, Bending Moments (Compression on Legacy Sucker Rod Guides) and lack of inhibitor to name a few.
Take a look below to learn more. Stagnate, low velocity flow patterns are consistent with foreign legacy 4-fin sucker rod guide design.
A few notes:
- Slant Vane Design – Introduced nearly 40 years ago, slant vane sucker rod guides do a great job at moving paraffin but do redirect fluid flow at a different vector.
- Symmetrical Straight Vane Design – Pressure drop is observed behind the sucker rod guide, creating stagnate fluid flow and low velocity/fluid movement.
- Asymmetrical Straight Vane Design – Chaotic fluid turbulence is observed as fluid crashes back together behind the sucker rod guide.
- Unique Products – Various sucker rod guide designs can feature high EWV but have gnarly fluid flow patterns.
- Black Mamba – Less restrictive than a 3/4″ slim hole coupling, this design provides the highest EWV on the market with the lowest flow turbulence.